Companion PMIC for Smartphone and Tablet
Highly Integrated PMIC Combines a Switching Charger, a Backlight Driver, and a Flash LED Driver into Single IC
The MAX77829 is a high-performance companion PMIC for latest 3G/4G smartphones and tablets. The PMIC includes a single-input 2.0A switched-mode charger with reverse-boost capability and adapter input protection up to 22V (DC) for one-cell Lithium-Ion (Li+) battery, a safeout LDO, and WLED backlight driver supporting up to 25mA/string, 35V output voltage. It also features a dual-channel 1.5A (combined, 750mA/CH) Flash LED driver (with Torch Mode included).
The typical 4MHz switched-mode battery charger with two integrated switches, providing the smallest L/C size, lowest heat and fastest programmable battery-charging current, is ideally suited for portable devices such as headsets and ultra-portable media players. The charger features single input, which works for adapter/USB type inputs. All the MAX77829 blocks connecting to the adapter/USB pin are protected from input overvoltage events. The DC pin is rated to 22V absolute maximum. The USB-OTG output provides true-load disconnect and is protected by an adjustable output current limit (default 900mA, other current limit is also available with different factory setting up to 900mA).
The battery charger drives an external p-channel MOSFET as power-path switch, and its I2C-programmable settings can accommodate a wide range of battery sizes and system loads. When configured in reverse boost mode, the MAX77829 requires no additional inductor to power USB OTG accessories and/or provide illumination to the Flash LED.
The switching charger implements a special CC, CV, and die temperature regulation algorithm; the patented MaxFlash prevents overloading a weak battery, further extending battery life.
The MAX77829 features an I2C 2.0-compatible serial interface consisting of a bidirectional serial data line (SDA) and a serial clock line (SCL).
- Highly Integrated Solution
- Single Input Switched Mode Charger
- Camera Flash and Torch LED Driver, Dual-Channel 750mA/ch
- Two-String White LED Backlight Driver, 25mA/ch, 35V OVP
- One Safeout LDO
- Single High Efficient Switched Mode Charger
- Supporting Up to 2.0A Charging Current Capability
- Input-Voltage-Based Automatic Input Current Limit (AICL) Power Management
- System Voltage Regulator/Battery Charger with External Power Path
- Various Charging Protection Features
- Single Input Accommodating Standard USB and High Input Voltage Adaptor
- 22V Absolute Maximum Input Voltage Rating,
- Up to +9.4V Maximum Operating Input Voltage
- USB OTG Capability
- Reverse Boost Support, Up to 900mA at +5V
- Programmable Reverse Boost Output Voltage (Up to 5.8V)
- Flexible Programmability
- I2C 2.0 Serial Interface
- Compact Package
- 3.64mm x 3.24mm WLP, 8 x 7 Array, 56-Bumps, 0.4mm Pitch
- Other Li-Ion Battery Power Handheld Devices
- Smartphone and Tablets
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|