Simplified Block Diagram
- 2.65V to 5.5V Input Range (4.5V to 5.5V for MAX25520ATEC)
- Default Output Voltages in Tracking Mode
- 6.8V Output at 200mA (Boost Converter)
- -6.8V Output at -200mA (Inverting Regulator)
- Optional Adjustable Output Voltages
- Synchronous Boost Provides Positive Output at Up to 10.5V/200mA (+12V/200mA for MAX25520ATEC)
- Inverter Output Provides Up to -10.5V/-200mA (-12V/-200mA for MAX25520ATEC)
- Components Fit the 2.1MHz Frequency (To use 420kHz frequency, hardware changes are required)
- UV Diagnostics on All Outputs and Fault Detection
- Complete Sequencing Flexibility
- -40°C to +125°C Operating Temperature Range
- Central Information Displays
- Infotainment Displays
- Instrument Clusters
The MAX25520 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested surface-mount PCB used to evaluate the MAX25520 automotive 2-Channel TFT-LCD Power Supply. The output rails, AVDD and NAVDD, can be programmed independently or programmed to track each other by using a specific configuration. Independent enable pins allow complete flexibility in powering up and down the outputs. The outputs are protected against overcurrent and undervoltage.
The device incorporates a fully integrated current-mode boost converter and a current-mode inverter with external rectifier. The EV kit operates at one of two switching frequencies, 420kHz or 2.1MHz. Operation at 2.1MHz makes possible very compact dual-output power supplies.
The EV kit demonstrates the device’s features of adjustable output voltage and fault protection.