Simplified Block Diagram
- 2.7V to 5.5V Input-Voltage Range
- MAX17625 Offers High 90.6% Efficiency (VIN = 3.3V, VOUT = 1.2V, IOUT = 400mA)
- MAX17626 Offers High 94.5% Efficiency (VIN = 5V, VOUT = 3.3V, IOUT = 500mA)
- Up to 700mA Load Current
- 2MHz Fixed Switching Frequency for the MAX17625
- 4MHz Fixed Switching Frequency for the MAX17626
- Selectable Pulse-Width Modulation (PWM) and Pulse-Frequency Modulation (PFM) Modes of Operation
- Internal 1ms Soft-Start Time
- Power-Good (PGOOD) Output with Pullup Resistor to Respective Input Voltages
- Low-Profile, Surface-Mount Components
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Factory Automation
- Personal Electronics
- Point-of-Load Power Supply
The MAX17625/MAX17626 evaluation kits (EV kits) provide a proven design to evaluate the performance of the MAX17625/MAX17626 converters. Each of these devices operate over an input range from 2.7V to 5.5V and deliver up to 700mA output current. The devices are configured to demonstrate optimum performance and component sizes in the EV kits.
The MAX17625 converter delivers up to 700mA at a switching frequency of 2MHz. The converter is configured for a 1.2V output over a 2.7V to 5.5V input range.
The MAX17626 converter delivers up to 700mA at a switching frequency of 4MHz. The converter is configured for a 3.3V output over a 3.6V to 5.5V input range.
The EV kits feature provisions for selecting the Mode of operation (PWM/PFM), Enable input, and PGOOD signal. The MAX17625/MAX17626 converter data sheet provides a complete description of the parts that should be read in conjunction with this data sheet prior to operating the EV kits.