Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Easy Evaluation of the MAX22205
- Adjustable tOFF Time Using an On-Board Potentiometer
- Configurable Current Drive Regulation (CDR)
- On-board +3.3V Regulator to Drive MAX22205 Logic Inputs
- Test Points and Headers to Interface with MAX22205 Inputs and Current-Sense Outputs
- Fully Assembled and Tested Proven PCB Layout
- Brushed DC Motor Driver
- Latched Valves
- Solenoid Driver
- Stepper Motor Driver
The MAX22205 evaluation kit (EV kit) provides a proven design to evaluate the +65V, 7.6A Single H-Bridge MAX22205 motor driver. The MAX22205 can drive a single brushed DC motor. The MAX22205 IC integrates very low impedance FETs in a single H-Bridge configuration with a typical RON (high side + low side) of 0.15Ω. The EV kit features headers, test points, and terminal blocks to provide an interface to the MAX22205 motor driver. The MAX22205 integrated current-sense output ISENA and ISENB can be monitored using test points or can be connected to an external ADC using header J3. The MAX22205 features embedded current-drive regulation (CDR) with adjustable chopping current (ITRIP) and adjustable current-limit offtime (tOFF). The EV kit operates from an input voltage of +4.5V to +65V (VM). An on board +3.3V regulator U2 (MAX6765TTSD2+) provides a regulated +3.3V to supply the MAX22205 logic inputs. Terminal blocks J1, J5, and J6 are installed to provide an interface for the high voltage, high current VM inputs and motor driver outputs OUT_A and OUT_B.