Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Fault Power-Supply Isolation for 5V and 3.3V Bus
- Eliminates ORing Diode Power Dissipation
- Reverse-Current Detection
- Adjustable Undervoltage Threshold (Configured to 2.9V)
- Adjustable Overvoltage Threshold (Configured to 5.75V)
- Active-Low FAULT Output Status Indicator
- Adjustable Soft-Start
- Up to 20A of Load Current
- Surface-Mount Construction
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Network/Telecom Power Supplies
- On-Board Redundant Power Supplies in Blade Servers
- Redundant Power Supplies in High-Availability Systems
- Silver Box Supplies for Servers
During startup, the EV kit monitors the voltage difference between a power supply and a power bus. Once the voltage difference is less than 0.4V (typ), the IC turns on two ORing MOSFETs, linking the power supply and power bus. Once the MOSFETs are on, the EV kit monitors the load current and voltages to protect against undervoltage (UVP), overvoltage (OVP), and reverse-current fault conditions.
The OVP and UVP thresholds are adjustable and can be disabled. The UVP threshold is set to 2.9V, and the OVP threshold is set to 5.75V. An active-low FAULT signal output is provided for circuit monitoring.