Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- N+1 Redundant System for a 3V to 13.2V Bus (1V Circuit Operation with Reconfiguration)
- Eliminates ORing Diode Power Dissipation
- Adjustable Reverse-Voltage-Detection Threshold
- Adjustable Undervoltage Threshold (Configured to 3.0V)
- Adjustable Overvoltage Threshold (Configured to 13.2V)
- OVP_ and PGOOD_ Status Indicators
- Supports Up to 20A of Load Current
- Simulates Catastrophic Fault Conditions at the Inputs
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Base-Station Line Cards
- N+1 Redundant Power Systems
- Networking Line Cards
- Paralleled DC-DC Converter Modules
The MAX5079 controllers on the EV kit monitor the respective input voltages at VIN1 and VIN2 with respect to the power bus voltage VBUS. When the VIN_ voltage rises above the VBUS voltage, the MOSFET is quickly turned on. If either VIN_ power-supply voltage falls below VBUS, the MAX5079 discharges the MOSFET gate with 2A (typ) sink current and turns off the MOSFET within 200ns (typ), effectively isolating the bus.