Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Performs Serial-to-Parallel and Parallel-to-Serial Conversions
- Three General-Purpose Digital Input/Output Pins (withstand +28V)
- SMBus 2-Wire Serial Interface
- Supports SMBSUS-bar Asynchronous Suspend Mode
- 3µA Supply Current
- +2.7V to +5.5V Supply Range
- Space-Saving, Low-Cost 10-Pin µMAX Package
- Computers: Desktop, Workstation, Server
- Notebook and Subnotebook Computers
- Point-of-Load Power-Bus Switching
- Power-Plane Switching
- Smart Battery Packs/Chargers
The MAX1661 is intended for driving N-channel MOSFETs and its outputs are low upon power-up. The MAX1662/MAX1663 are intended for P-channel MOSFETs, and their outputs are high-impedance upon power-up. This ensures that the MOSFETs are off at power-up, so the system can enforce power-plane sequencing.
The active-low SMBSUS control input selects control data between two separate data registers. This feature allows the system to select between two different power-plane configurations asynchronously, eliminating latencies introduced by the serial bus. Other features include thermal-overload and overcurrent protection, ultra-low supply current, and both hardware and software interrupt capabilities. These devices are available in the space-saving 10-pin µMAX® package.