- Controls up to Three Load Switches Independently
- Configurable for Three General-Purpose Input/Outputs (GPIO)
- Includes Three 30V, 4A P-Channel MOSFET Switches
- SMBus Compatible
- Easy-to-Use Menu Driven Software
- Assembled and Tested Surface-Mount Board
- Computers: Desktop, Workstation, Server
- Notebook and Subnotebook Computers
- Point-of-Load Power-Bus Switching
- Power-Plane Switching
- Smart Battery Packs/Chargers
In addition to controlling power-plane load switches, the MAX1662 is useful for many different SMBus I/O expansion tasks, such as controlling voltage regulators or detecting the state of mechanical switches.
The Maxim SMBus interface board (MAXSMBus) allows an IBM®-compatible personal computer to use its parallel port to emulate an Intel® System Management Bus (SMBus) two-wire interface. Windows® 3.1/Windows 95 software provide a user-friendly interface to exercise the MAX1662's features. The program is menu-driven and offers a graphics interface with control buttons and status display.
The MAX1662 EV system can also be used to evaluate the MAX1661 or MAX1663. Contact the factory to order a free MAX1661EUB or MAX1663EUB sample.
Order the MAX1662EVSYS for complete IBM PC-based evaluation of the MAX1662.
Order the MAX1662EVKIT if you already have an SMBus interface.