Simplified Block Diagram
- Robust Operation with Wide Range Of Input Voltages and Load Conditions
- VDDOK Indication
- LED Indication of Channels Status and Fault Conditions
- Fast Inductive Load Demagnetization
- Open-wire, Overload, Undervoltage, Overcurrent, Thermal Shutdown Fault Conditions Indication
- Supports Watchdog and SYNCH Features
- Communication Error Indication
- Wide Logic Voltage Range
- Pin Addressable SPI Communication
- -40°C to +125°C Temperature Range
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Windows 10 Compatible Software
- Motion control and drives units
- PLC safety digital I/O modules
- PLC standard digital I/O modules
The MAX14916 evaluation kit (EV kit) provides a proven design to evaluate the MAX14916, 2.4A (min) quad highside switch with extended diagnostics. The EV kit includes the MAX14916 evaluation board and a graphical user interface (GUI) that provides communication from a PC to the target device through a USB port and the USB2GPIO interface board. The USB2GPIO EV kit should be ordered separately.
The GUI is compatible with Windows 10 for exercising the features of the MAX14916 IC. The EV kit GUI allows individually controlling of eight high-side switches, which hardware configured for quad high-current operation, through the high-speed SPI interface and receive a diagnostic information from the MAX14916, including open-wire/ open-load conditions, state of the output channels, multiple undervoltage alarms, global and per channel overtemperature alarms, and multiple fault alarms.
The MAX14916 EV kit must be powered from an external +24V power supply and can consume more than 10A when fully loaded. The USB2GPIO interface board is powered from the USB port.
The MAX14916 EV kit board comes with a MAX14916AFM+ installed in a 48-pin, 6 x 6mm FC2QFN package.