Low-Noise, High PSRR, Low-Dropout, 120mA Linear Regulator
Space-Saving, Low-Noise, High PSRR, Low-Dropout 120mA LDO
DescriptionThe MAX8940 low-noise, low-dropout (LDO) linear regulator is designed to deliver up to 120mA continuous output current. This regulator achieves a low 120mV dropout for 120mA load current. The MAX8940 uses an advanced architecture to achieve low output voltage noise of 25µVRMS and PSRR of 45dB at 100kHz.
The MAX8940 is preset to either 2.8V or 3.0V. Designed with a p-channel MOSFET series pass transistor, the MAX8940 maintain very low ground current (40µA).
The regulator is designed and optimized to work with low-value, low-cost ceramic capacitors. The MAX8940 requires only 1µF (typ) of output capacitance for stability with any load. When disabled, current consumption drops to below 1µA.
Package is a 5-pin SC70.
- Space-Saving SC70
- 25µVRMS Output Noise at 100Hz to 100kHz Bandwidth
- 65dB PSRR at 10kHz
- 120mV Dropout at 120mA Load
- Stable with 1µF Ceramic Capacitor for Any Load
- Guaranteed 120mA Output
- Output Voltages: 2.8V or 3V
- Low 40µA Ground Current
- Excellent Load/Line Transient
- Overcurrent and Thermal Protection
- Base Stations
- Bluetooth Portable Radios and Accessories
- Cellular and Cordless Phones
- Digital Cameras
- PDA and Palmtop Computers
- Personal Stereos
- Portable and Battery-Powered Equipment
- Wireless LANs
|VDROPOUT @Rated ILOAD|
|Output Voltage Noise|
|Ref. Bypass||Low Batt./ Pwr. Fail Out||Reverse Batt. Protect.||Oper. Temp.|
|0.12||120||90||13||Yes||No||No||-40 to +85|
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|