Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 1.425V to 3.6V Input-Voltage Range
- 1.2V Output Voltage
- Up to 3A Output Current (Limited by Power Dissipation and Dropout)
- Low-Dropout Voltage (200mV max at 2A)
- Power-OK (POK) Output (MAX8527 Only)
- Power-On Reset (POR) Output (MAX8528 Only)
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Automated Test Equipment (ATE)
- Optical Modules
- Post Regulators
- Wireless Base Stations
The EV kit can also be used to evaluate the MAX8527, which features a POK output that goes high impedance once the output is within ±10% of its regulation value. The EV kit can also be used to evaluate the MAX8528, which features a POR output that goes high impedance 150ms (typ) after the output has risen above 90% of its final value. Both the POK and POR features require an external pullup resistor to IN. See the Detailed Description of Hardware section in the full data sheet for more details.
Although the EV kit is optimized for 2A output current, the part is capable of supporting up to 3A output current (limited by power dissipation and dropout).