Ultra-Low-Noise, High PSRR, Low-Dropout, 120mA Linear Regulators
Low-Noise, Low-Dropout, 120mA Linear Regulators Fit in an SC70 Package without Compromising Performance
DescriptionThe MAX8510/MAX8511/MAX8512 ultra-low-noise, low-dropout (LDO) linear regulators are designed to deliver up to 120mA continuous output current. These regulators achieve a low 120mV dropout for 120mA load current. The MAX8510 uses an advanced architecture to achieve ultra-low output voltage noise of 11µVRMS and PSRR of 54dB at 100kHz.
The MAX8511 does not require a bypass capacitor, hence achieving the smallest PC board area. The MAX8512's output voltage can be adjusted with an external divider.
The MAX8510/MAX8511 are preset to a variety of voltages in the 1.5V to 4.5V range. Designed with a P-channel MOSFET series pass transistor, the MAX8510/MAX8511/MAX8512 maintain very low ground current (40µA).
The regulators are designed and optimized to work with low-value, low-cost ceramic capacitors. The MAX8510 requires only 1µF (typ) of output capacitance for stability with any load. When disabled, current consumption drops to below 1µA.
Package options include a 5-pin SC70 and a tiny 2mm x 2mm x 0.8mm TDFN package.
- Space-Saving SC70 and TDFN (2mm x 2mm) Packages
- 11µVRMS Output Noise at 100Hz to 100kHz Bandwidth (MAX8510)
- 78dB PSRR at 1kHz (MAX8510)
- 120mV Dropout at 120mA Load
- Stable with 1µF Ceramic Capacitor for Any Load
- Guaranteed 120mA Output
- Only Need Input and Output Capacitors (MAX8511)
- Output Voltages: 1.5V, 1.8V, 2.5V, 2.6V, 2.7V, 2.8V, 2.85V, 3V, 3.3V, 4.5V (MAX8510/MAX8511) and Adjustable (MAX8512)
- Low 40µA Ground Current
- Excellent Load/Line Transient
- Overcurrent and Thermal Protection
- Base Stations
- Bluetooth® Portable Radios and Accessories
- Cellular and Cordless Phones
- Digital Cameras
- PDA and Palmtop Computers
- Personal Stereos
- Portable and Battery-Powered Equipment
- Wireless LANs
|Special Order Preset||Adj. VOUT|
|VDROPOUT @Rated ILOAD|
|Output Voltage Noise|
|Ref. Bypass||Low Batt./ Pwr. Fail Out||Watchdog||Reverse Batt. Protect.||Oper. Temp.|
|2.5 to 4.5 by 0.1||-||-||0.12||120||120||90||11||Yes||No||No||No||-40 to +85|
|2.5 to 4.5 by 0.1||-||-||230||No|
MAX11205PMB1: MAX11205PMB1 Peripheral Module
Technical DocumentsApp Note 3775 Design Considerations for a Low-Cost Sensor and A/D Interface
App Note 3447 Complete Stand-Alone GPS Receiver Solution with MAX2742
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|