Automotive Micropower Linear Regulators with Supervisor
DescriptionThe MAX6765–MAX6774B are low-quiescent-current, high-voltage linear regulators that operate from 4V to 72V and deliver up to 100mA of load current. These low-power devices consume only 31µA of quiescent current, making them ideal for always-on automotive modules. These devices are offered with fixed standard output options of 5.0V, 3.3V, 2.5V, and 1.8V, or can be adjusted from 1.8V to 11V with two external resistors.
The MAX6765–MAX6774B feature a push-pull or open-drain, active-low RESET output with either fixed or adjustable thresholds. Whenever the regulator's output falls below the reset threshold, the active-low RESET output asserts and remains asserted for at least the minimum reset timeout period after the output voltage exceeds its threshold. The minimum reset timeout period is offered with fixed values from 75µs to 200ms or can be adjusted externally with a small capacitor.
These devices provide three regulator enable modes to accommodate several power-on schemes. The MAX6765/MAX6766/MAX6769/MAX6770/MAX6773/MAX6773B/MAX6774 MAX6774B feature a single traditional enable input (ENABLE) to turn on and off the regulator. The MAX6771/MAX6772 provide dual enable inputs (ENABLE1 and ENABLE2) to turn on and off the regulator either through an ignition switch or a bus transceiver. The MAX6767/MAX6768 provide a hold input (active-low HOLD) in addition to the enable input to allow for the implementation of a self-holding circuit without requiring external components. Setting active-low HOLD low after enabling the regulator forces the regulator to remain on even if ENABLE is subsequently set low. Releasing active-low HOLD shuts down the regulator.
The MAX6773/MAX6773B/MAX6774/MAX6774B also include a watchdog input that monitors a pulse train from the microprocessor (µP) and generates a reset pulse if the watchdog input remains high or low for a duration longer than the 1.6s (typ) (MAX6773/MAX6774) or 50ms (typ) (MAX6773B/MAX6774B) watchdog timeout period.
The MAX6765–MAX6774B are available in a small, thermally enhanced 3mm x 3mm TDFN package that can dissipate up to 1.951W, thereby supporting continuous regulator operation during high ambient temperatures, high battery voltage, and high load-current conditions.
The MAX6765–MAX6774B are fully specified for a -40°C to +125°C operating temperature range.
- Low 31µA Quiescent Current
- 4V to 72V Wide Input Voltage Range
- 100mA Output Current Capability
- Dropout Voltage of 620mV with 5V Output at 100mA
- Fixed Output-Voltage Options: 5V, 3.3V, 2.5V, and 1.8V
- Watchdog Timer Option (1.6s (MAX6773/MAX6774) and 50ms (MAX6773B/MAX6774B))
- Adjustable Output Voltages from 1.8V to 11V
- Open-Drain or Push-Pull Active-Low RESET Output
- Fixed or Capacitor-Adjustable Reset Timeouts
- Small, Thermally Enhanced 1.9W, 3mm x 3mm TDFN Package
- Overtemperature and Short-Circuit Protection
- Fully Specified from -40°C to +125°C
- AEC-Q100 qualified (MAX6765TT_D_/V+, MAX6767TA_D_/V+, MAX6769TA_D_/V+, MAX6773TA_D_/V+ , MAX6773BTA_D_/V+ only)
MAX6765EVKIT: Evaluation Kit for the MAX6765
Technical DocumentsTutorial 737 Choosing the Right Power-Supply IC for your Application
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|
- Enables System Designers to Meet Stringent Module Requirements for 100μA Quiescent Current
- Tiny Output Capacitors Reduce Board Space and BOM Cost
- Accurate Active-Low RESET Output with Adjustable Delay Eliminates Need for Separate Reset IC