1.7V–5.5VIN, 1A Low Noise LDO Linear Regulators in TDFN and WLP
The MAX38903A/B/C/D are a Low-Noise Linear Regulators that Delivers up to 1A of Out-Put Current with Only 7uVRMS
The MAX38903A/B/C/D are a family of low-noise linear regulators that deliver up to 1A of output current with only 7µVRMS of output noise from 10Hz to 100kHz.
These regulators maintain ±1% output accuracy over a wide input voltage range, requiring only 100mV of input-to-output headroom at full load. The 1200µA no-load supply current is independent of dropout voltage.
The MAX38903A has nine pin-selectable output voltages 1.2V, 1.5V, 1.8V, 2.5V, 3.0V, 3.1V, 3.3V, 4.0V, and 5V. The MAX38903B/C output voltage can be adjusted to a value in the range of 0.6V to 5.0V using two external resistors. The MAX38903B also includes an active-high POK signal for trouble-free load startup.
The MAX38903D has factory-preset output voltages over the range of 0.7V to 5V in 50mV steps. All versions include a programmable output soft-start rate, output over-current and thermal overload protection.
The MAX38903A/B are offered in a 10-pin, 3mm x 3mm TDFN package, while the MAX38903C/D are offered in a 9-bump, 0.4mm pitch, 1.4mm x 1.4mm wafer-level package (WLP).
- Delivers Flexible Operating Range
- 1.7V to 5.5V Input Voltage Range
- 0.6V to 5.0V Programmable Output Voltage
- 1A Maximum Output Current
- 100mV Maximum Dropout at 1A Load
- < 1µA Shutdown Supply Current
- Reduces Noise and Improves Accuracy
- ±1% DC Accuracy Over Load, Line, and Temperature
- 7µVRMS Output Noise, 10Hz to 100kHz
- 1200µA Operating Supply Current
- 70dB PSRR at 10kHz
- Enables Ease-of-Use and Robust Protection
- Stable with 4µF(min) Output Capacitance
- Programmable Soft-Start Rate
- Overcurrent and Overtemperature Protection
- Output-to-Input Reverse Current Protection
- Power-OK Output
- Reduces Size, Improves Reliability
- 3mm x 3mm, 10-pin TDFN Package and 1.4mm x 1.4mm, 3 x 3 Bump, 0.4mm Pitch WLP
- -40°C to 125°C Operating Temperature
- Communication Systems, Test Equipment, Medical Equipment
- High-End Audio Systems
- High-Resolution Data Acquisition Systems
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|
- Enables System Designers to Meet Stringent Module Requirements for 100μA Quiescent Current
- Tiny Output Capacitors Reduce Board Space and BOM Cost
- Accurate Active-Low RESET Output with Adjustable Delay Eliminates Need for Separate Reset IC