Simplified Block Diagram
- Enables System Designers to Meet Stringent Module Requirements for 100µA Quiescent Current
- Low 10µA Quiescent Current
- 300mA Output-Current Capability (300mA, 200mA, 100mA, and 50mA Variants)
- User-Selectable Output Voltage (3.3V or 5V Fixed and 0.6V to 11V Adjustable with External Resistive voltage Divider)
- Tiny Output Capacitors Reduce Board Space and BOM Cost
- Stable Operation with 2.2µF Output Capacitor
- Accurate Active-Low RESET Output with Adjustable Delay Eliminates Need for Separate Reset IC
- Open-Drain Active-Low RESET Output with Adjustable Delay
- Fixed-Reset Threshold Options: 87.5% or 93.5%
- Operates Through Cold-Crank Conditions
- Low-Dropout Voltage of 280mV at 200mA
- 3.5V to 36V Wide Input Voltage Range, 40V Load- Dump Tolerant
- Robust Performance in Automotive Environment
- Thermal and Short-Circuit Protection
- High-Voltage Enable Input (40V Load-Dump Tolerant)
- Operating -40°C to +125°C Temperature Range
- Automotive Qualified AEC-Q100
- Always-On Automotive Modules
- Automotive Head Unit
- Automotive Infotainment
- Automotive Telematics
- Instrument Cluster
MAX25210 ultra-low quiescent current, high-voltage linear regulator family is ideal for use in automotive and battery-operated systems. The device operates from a 3.5V to 36V input voltage, delivers up to 300mA of load current, and consumes only 10µA of typical quiescent current at no load. The device consumes only 1.6µA current when in shutdown. The input is 40V transient tolerant and is designed to operate under load-dump conditions. The MAX25210 EV kit can be configured as either fixed output voltage (3.3V or 5V) or adjustable output voltage using an external resistive voltage divider.
The MAX25210 features an open-drain, active-low RESET output with fixed thresholds offered at 93.5% and 87.5% of the output voltage. The active-low RESET output remains low for a fixed period of 60μs after the output voltage exceeds its threshold. The acrtive-low RESET delay can be extended with an external capacitor.
The MAX25210 includes an enable input, short-circuit protection, and thermal shutdown. The MAX25210 operates over the -40°C to +125°C automotive temperature range.
The regulators are available in a space-saving, thermally enhanced, 3mm x 3mm, 8-pin TDFN, 2mm x 2mm, 8-pin TDFN, and 5mm x 4mm, 8-pin SO packages.