- Five Low-Noise LDO Linear Regulators
- One 300mA Regulator
- Four 150mA Regulators
- Very Low Dropout
- 100mV (max) at 2/3 Rated Current
- Programmable +1.8V to +3.3V (in 32 Steps) Output Voltages
- I²C/SMBus Compatible
- Easy-to-Use Menu-Driven Software
- Assembled and Tested
- Includes Windows 98SE/2000/XP-Compatible Software and Demo PC Board
- EV System Includes USB Connectivity
- 2- or 3-Cell NiMH, NiCd, or Alkaline Systems
- CDMA Cellular/PCS Handsets
- PDAs, Palmtops, and Handy Terminals
- Single-Cell Li+ Systems
The MAX1799 EV kit is an assembled and tested printed circuit board (PCB) that demonstrates the MAX1799 system power supply. The IC contains five programmable LDO linear regulators and two undedicated open-drain outputs. Each regulator can be individually adjusted from +1.8V to +3.3V. The two open-drain outputs can sink up to 150mA.
The Maxim SMBus interface board (CMAXQUSB) allows an IBM-compatible PC to use its USB port to emulate an Intel SMBus 2-wire interface. The 2-wire serial interface of the MAX1799 is I²C compatible. Windows® 98SE/2000/XP-compatible software provides a user-friendly interface to exercise the features of the MAX1799. The program is menu driven and offers a graphics interface with control buttons.
Order the MAX1799EVCMAXQU for complete PC-based evaluation of the MAX1799. Order the MAX1799EVKIT, if you already have an SMBus interface.