Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 1.425V to 3.6V Input Voltage Range
- Output Voltage Programmable from 0.5V to VIN
- Guaranteed Maximum 225mV Dropout at 1A Output Current
- ±2% Output Accuracy Over Load, Line, and Temperature
- Stable with Ceramic Capacitors
- Fast Transient Response
- 60µA Operating Bias Supply Current (MAX15028)
- 1.2µA Shutdown Bias Supply Current (MAX15028)
- Short-Circuit and Thermal Protection
- -40°C to +125°C Operating Temperature Range
- Soft-Start Limits Inrush Current
- Thermally Enhanced 3mm x 3mm TDFN Package
- AEC-Q100 Qualified
- Automotive (Dead-Man LDO)
- Base Stations
- Optical Modules
These regulators use small, 1µF ceramic input capacitors and 4.7µF ceramic output capacitors to deliver 1A output current. High bandwidth provides excellent transient response and limits the output voltage deviation to 15mV for a 500mA load step, with only a 4.7µF ceramic output capacitor, and the voltage deviations can be reduced further by increasing the output capacitor.
These devices offer a logic-controlled shutdown input to reduce input current (IIN) consumption down to less than 5.5µA in standby mode. Other features include a soft-start to reduce inrush current, short-circuit protection, and thermal-overload protection.
The MAX15028 features a BIAS input allowing a secondary supply to keep the LDO's internal circuitry alive if the voltage on IN goes to 0V. Both devices are fully specified from -40°C to +125°C and are available in a 10-pin thermally enhanced TDFN package (3mm x 3mm) that includes an exposed pad for optimal power dissipation. For a 500mA version of these LDOs, refer to the MAX15029/MAX15030 data sheet.