1.425V to 3.6V Input, 1A Low-Dropout Regulators with BIAS Input
High-Performance LDOs Deliver 1A of Output Current
DescriptionThe MAX15027/MAX15028 low-dropout linear regulators operate from input voltages as low as 1.425V and deliver up to 1A of continuous output current with a typical dropout voltage of only 75mV. The output voltage is adjustable from 0.5V to VIN and is ±2% accurate over load and line variations, from -40°C to +125°C. The MAX15028 features a BIAS input of 3V to 5.5V from an always-on power supply. The BIAS input current is reduced down to less than 2µA during shutdown.
These regulators use small, 1µF ceramic input capacitors and 4.7µF ceramic output capacitors to deliver 1A output current. High bandwidth provides excellent transient response and limits the output voltage deviation to 15mV for a 500mA load step, with only a 4.7µF ceramic output capacitor, and the voltage deviations can be reduced further by increasing the output capacitor.
These devices offer a logic-controlled shutdown input to reduce input current (IIN) consumption down to less than 5.5µA in standby mode. Other features include a soft-start to reduce inrush current, short-circuit protection, and thermal-overload protection.
The MAX15028 features a BIAS input allowing a secondary supply to keep the LDO's internal circuitry alive if the voltage on IN goes to 0V. Both devices are fully specified from -40°C to +125°C and are available in a 10-pin thermally enhanced TDFN package (3mm x 3mm) that includes an exposed pad for optimal power dissipation. For a 500mA version of these LDOs, refer to the MAX15029/MAX15030 data sheet.
- 1.425V to 3.6V Input Voltage Range
- Output Voltage Programmable from 0.5V to VIN
- Guaranteed Maximum 225mV Dropout at 1A Output Current
- ±2% Output Accuracy Over Load, Line, and Temperature
- Stable with Ceramic Capacitors
- Fast Transient Response
- 60µA Operating Bias Supply Current (MAX15028)
- 1.2µA Shutdown Bias Supply Current (MAX15028)
- Short-Circuit and Thermal Protection
- -40°C to +125°C Operating Temperature Range
- Soft-Start Limits Inrush Current
- Thermally Enhanced 3mm x 3mm TDFN Package
- AEC-Q100 Qualified
- Automotive (Dead-Man LDO)
- Base Stations
- Optical Modules
|VDROPOUT @Rated ILOAD|
|Low Batt./ Pwr. Fail Out||Watchdog||Reverse Batt. Protect.||Oper. Temp.|
|MAX15027||1||1.425||3.6||0.5||3.3||0.075||1000||410||No||No||No||-40 to +125|
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|