Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Negative 1x/1.5x Charge Pump
- Adaptive Current Regulators
- Independent Voltage Supply for Each LED
- 24mA to 0.1mA Serial-Pulse Dimming (MAX8847Y)
- 24mA to 0mA PWM Dimming (MAX8847Z)
- 2% (max) LED Current Accuracy, 1% (typ) Matching
- Low 120µA Quiescent Current
- Low 0.4µA Shutdown Current
- Inrush Current Limit
- Temperature Derating Function
- 16-Pin, 3mm x 3mm Thin QFN Packages
- Cellular Phones
- PDAs, Digital Cameras, and Camcorders
- White LED Backlighting
The MAX8847Y/MAX8847Z support independent LED on/off and dimming control. The MAX8847Z has PWM dimming control for LED1–LED6. The MAX8847Y has PWM dimming control for LED1–LED4 and serial-pulse dimming control for LED5 and LED6. The serial-pulse dimming ranges are pseudo-logarithmic from 24mA to 0.1mA and off in 32 steps. All devices include a temperature derating function to safely allow bright 24mA full-scale output current while automatically reducing current gradually to protect LEDs at high ambient temperatures above +60°C.
The MAX8847Y/MAX8847Z are available in 16-pin, 3mm x 3mm thin QFN packages.