Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 5V to 60V Input Voltage Range
- Demonstrates Use in Combination Headlamps and Multistring, Time-Sharing Applications
- Analog and Digital Dimming Control
- Input Current Limit
- LED Current Clamp Function
- Output Discharge for Faster Transient Time
- LED Short and Open Protection
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Combination Automotive Head Lamps
The MAX25603 evaluation kit (EV kit) provides a proven design to evaluate the MAX25603 automotive highvoltage, high-brightness LED buck-boost controller. The EV kit operates from a 5V to 60V DC supply voltage. The EV kit is configured to deliver up to 1A to one or two strings of 1 to 15 LEDs. The total voltage of each string can vary from 0V to 60V. The anode of the LED strings should go to LED1+ or LED2+ terminals and the cathodes to the GND terminal. Shunting FETs are provided to emulate a combination headlamp in which a single LED string can contain the clearance lamp (CLL), low beam (LB), and high beam (HB) all in one. Each can be independently turned on or off by shorting across the appropriate segments of the LED string.