Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- One or more MAX25500 EV kits.
- 3.3V/100mA DC power supply.
- LED power supply to provide the required LED voltage at a total current of ISNK x number of SNK_ channels or 12V to the MAX20077 buck converter or to the MAX20048 buck-boost converter placed on the board.
- Function generator set to output a 0-to-3.3V square wave/100Hz/2% duty cycle.
- Current probe to measure the HB LED current.
- MINIQUSB+ interface board (with Firmware updated to V01.05.47 or newer version) with USB cable.
- Windows-compatible PC with a spare USB port.
The MAX25500 evaluation kit (EV kit) demonstrates the MAX25500, 4x24-channel modular matrix backlight driver for use with local-dimming automotive displays.
The EV kit operates from a DC supply voltage between 3V and 5V (VCC) while the on-board 4x48 LED matrix can be powered either from the on-board MAX20077 buck converter, the on-board MAX20048 buck-boost converter or from an external power supply connected to VLED. The EV kit can be configured to operate alone or with other MAX25500 EV kits in a daisy-chain or star connection.
The EV kit also demonstrates short-LED (this includes SNK_ to SNK_, SRC_ to VLED, SRC_ to GND shorts), open-LED, VLED Undervoltage and Overvoltage and overtemperature-fault protection.
The EV kit provides an SPI interface that can operate in conjunction with the MINIQUSB+ adapter board or a thirdparty SPI master. The EV kit also includes Windows®- compatible software that provides a simple graphical user interface (GUI) for exercising the features of the IC.
Note: Four different EV kit versions exist, each designed to accommodate one of the two available MAX25500 IC packages (TQFN and TSSOP), featuring one of the two available SPI control interfaces (Daisy-chain and Star). The instructions given in the following paragraphs equally apply to all the EV kit versions. See the Ordering Information table at the end of this document for details on the different EV kits.