Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Demonstrates Robustness of MAX25024
- Wide 2.5V to 36V Input Operating Range (Up to 40V Load Dump)
- Powers HB LEDs (Up to Four Strings) for Medium- to Large-Sized LCD Displays in Automotive and Display Backlight Applications
- 400kHz to 2.2MHz Resistor-Programmable Switching Frequency with Spread-Spectrum Option
- Phase-Shift Dimming Option
- Demonstrates Cycle-by-Cycle Current Limit and Thermal-Shutdown Features
- Demonstrates Wide Dimming Ratio
- Demonstrates Fail-Safe Operation
- I2C Programmability
- Dedicated GUI
- Proven PCB and Thermal Design
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Central Information Displays
- Infotainment Displays
- Instrument Clusters
The MAX25024 evaluation kit (EV kit) demonstrates the MAX25024 integrated 4-channel, high-brightness LED driver with boost controller and I2C interface for automotive displays supporting ASIL-B.
The EV kit operates from a DC supply voltage between 2.5V and 36V, and the switching frequency can be set at either 2.2MHz or at 400kHz. The EV kit can only be configured to operate in I2C mode. Spread-spectrum mode (SSM) is enabled by default for EMI improvement, but it can be disabled by acting on a register bit. The EV kit demonstrates phase-shifted pulse-width-modulation (PWM) dimming. Dimming can be performed either externally using a PWM signal applied to the DIM PCB pad or internally by programming the desired dimming frequency and individual duty cycle via I2C. The hybrid dimming feature can also be enabled through a register bit to reduce EMI. The EV kit also demonstrates fault protection for short-LED, open-LED, boost-output undervoltage and overvoltage, and overtemperature. Additional ASIL-B features such as LED current measurement, boost-input current measurement and boost-output voltage measurement are also demonstrated.
For operation at switching frequencies other than 2.2MHz or 400kHz, the external components should be chosen according to the calculations in the MAX25024 IC data sheet.
The EV kit provides an I2C interface that can operate in conjunction with the MINIQUSB+* adapter board or a third-party I2C master. The EV kit also includes Windows® -compatible software that provides a simple graphical user interface (GUI) for exercising the features of the IC.
*Note: To be ordered separately.