Evaluation Kit for the MAX20069
The MAX20069 evaluation kit (EV kit) demonstrates the MAX20069 IC, which is a highly integrated power supply plus LED backlight driver for automotive TFT-LCD applications. The EV kit is a fully assembled and tested surface-mount PCB that provides a complete powermanagement solution for small-size automotive displays. The EV kit demonstrates one buck-boost converter, one boost converter, two gate-voltage controllers, and a boost converter that powers a quad-string LED driver.
The EV kit can be configured to operate in stand-alone mode or in I2C mode.
The TFT bias portion of the EV kit operates from a 2.8V to 5.5V DC supply voltage. The step-up switching regulator (POS) is configured for a 4V to 18V output that provides up to 150mA. The inverting buck-boost converter (NEG) generates a negative output that tracks the positive output (down to a minimum of -7V) and provides up to 100mA. The gate-driver power supplies consist of regulated charge pumps that generate +28V (GVDD) and -21.5V (GVEE) and can deliver up to 3mA each.
The LED driver portion of the EV kit operates from a DC supply voltage of 4.5V up to the HB LED string-forward voltage. The EV kit can withstand a 52V load-dump condition. The EV kit also demonstrates the IC’s features, such as adaptive voltage optimization, Overvoltage and Undervoltage protection, cycle-by-cycle current limit, thermal shutdown, and digital PWM dimming operation using a digital PWM input signal to control the brightness of the HB LEDs.
The EV kit provides an I2C interface that can operate in conjunction with the MINIQUSB+ adapter board or a third party I2C master. The EV kit also includes Windows®- compatible software that provides a simple graphical user interface (GUI) for exercising the features of the IC.
- Demonstrates Robustness of MAX20069
- 2.8V to 5.5V Input Range for TFT Power Section
- 4.5V to 42V Input Range for LED Driver Section
- 2.2MHz or 440kHz I2C programmable Boost and Inverted Buck-Boost Switching Frequency with Spread-Spectrum Option on TFT Power Section
- 2.2MHz or 440kHz I2C programmable Boost Frequency with Spread-Spectrum Option on LED Driver Section with four 150mA LED drivers
- TFT Section Default Output Voltages (Stand-alone Mode)
- +6V Output at 150mA (Step-Up Switching Regulator)
- -6V Output at 100mA (Inverting Buck-Boost Switching Regulator)
- +16V Output at 3mA (Positive-Charge Pump)
- -7V Output at 3mA (Negative-Charge Pump)
- HB LED String Output Currents Configurable for 20mA, 50mA, 100mA, 120mA or 150mA
- Demonstrates Cycle-by-Cycle Current-Limit and Thermal-Shutdown Features on Boost LED Driver
- Demonstrates Adaptive Voltage Optimization on LED Driver Section
- I2C Programmability
- Dedicated GUI
- Proven PCB Layout and Thermal Design
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Automotive Central Information Displays
- Automotive Dashboards
- Automotive Head Up Displays
- Automotive Navigation System
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|
- Flexible Dimming Configuration Provides Optimal Performance without a Microcontroller or Software
- Flexible Configuration Allows the Use of the Same Device in Different Applications
- EMI Reduction
- Wide Voltage-Range Operation
- High Integration
- Robust and Low EMI