Simplified Block Diagram
- 4.5V to 65V Input Voltage
- Drives 1 to 16 LEDs
- 0A to 1.5A LED Current
- Demonstrates Undervoltage-Lockout and Output Short Protection
- Demonstrates Current-Limit and Thermal-Shutdown Feature
- Demonstrates 5V, 10mA LDO Output Capability
- Proven PCB Layout and Thermal Design
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Clearance Lamps (CLLs)
- Commercial, Industrial, and Architectural Lighting
- Corner Lamps (CLs)
- Daytime Running Lamps (DRLs)
- Fog Lamps
- Head Lamps
- Rear Lamps
The MAX20050 evaluation kit (EV kit) demonstrates the MAX20050 and MAX20052, 1.5A synchronous buck LED drivers with integrated MOSFETs.
The EV kit operates from a DC supply voltage from 4.5V to 65V and the switching frequency is fixed at 400kHz. Spread-spectrum mode (SSM) is enabled for EMI improvement. The EV kit demonstrates both analog and pulse-width modulation (PWM) dimming. The EV kit also demonstrates short LED, open LED, and overtemperature fault protection.
The EV kit comes with a MAX20052ACTV IC, which can be installed to evaluate the 2.1MHz switching frequency device. See the Evaluating the MAX20052 section for more information.