Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Smooth Dimming with Leading (Triac) and Trailing-Edge Dimmers
- Active Power Factor Correction
- Nonisolated (e.g., Buck) and Isolated (e.g, Flyback) Topologies
- Universal 90V to 264V AC Input Range
- Constant Frequency-Control Scheme Maximizes Efficiency at High and Low AC Line Voltage
- Constant Power Control, with No Need for Optical Couplers
- Very-Low Quiescent Current
- Output Open and Short Protection
- Thermal Shutdown
- Available in an 8-Pin SO Package
The constant frequency-control technique of the device allows maximization of the conversion efficiency at both low and high AC line, by operating at the conduction mode that minimizes the total of conduction and switching losses.
The device can be configured for universal input (90V to 264V AC) dimmable applications, allowing the design of an LED lamp that operate and can be dimmed worldwide.
This product can be used without electrolytic capacitors, thus maximizing the lamp lifetime; in this case, the LED current is a rectified sinusoid, with a frequency that is twice the AC line frequency.
The device also features thermal shutdown, current limit, open-LED protection and VCC undervoltage lockout. It operates over the -40°C to 125°C temperature range and is available in an 8-pin SO package.