Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 9V to 40V Wide Supply Voltage Range
- 1A Output Current
- Analog-Control PWM Dimming
- PWM Dimming Control
- Output Overvoltage Protection
- Buffered Clock Output
- Lead-Free and RoHS Compliant
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Automotive Exterior Lighting:
- Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
- Fog Light and Adaptive Front Light Assemblies
- High-Beam/Low-Beam/Signal Lights
- Rear Combination Lights (RCL)
- Emergency Lighting
- Industrial and Architectural Lighting
- Navigation and Marine Indicators
- Projectors with RGB LED Light Sources
The MAX16831 EV kit can be configured for analog-control PWM or digital PWM dimming operation using either an analog linear DC voltage or a digital PWM input signal to control the LEDs' brightness. This EV kit has an undervoltage lockout (UVLO) feature that disables the EV kit and overvoltage protection that protects the circuit under no-load conditions. The EV kit circuit also features a clock output and features an input for synchronizing to an external clock. The MAX16831 EV kit is a fully assembled and tested surface-mount printed-circuit board (PCB).
Caution: Do not power up the MAX16831 EV kit without connecting a load to the LED+ and LED- PCB pads.
Warning: Voltages exceeding 42V may exist on the LED+ and LED- output pads.