Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Pin-for-Pin Replacement for UC2842 (MAX5070A) and UC2844 (MAX5070B)
- 2A Drive Source and 1A Sink Capability
- Up to 1MHz Switching Frequency Operation
- Bidirectional Synchronization (MAX5071A/MAX5071B)
- Advanced Output Drive for Secondary-Side Synchronous Rectification (MAX5071C)
- Fast 60ns Cycle-by-Cycle Current Limit
- Trimmed Oscillator Capacitor Discharge Current Sets Maximum Duty Cycle Accurately
- Accurate 5% Start and Stop Voltage with 6V Hysteresis
- Low 32µA Startup Current
- 5V Regulator Output (VREF) with 20mA Capability
- Overtemperature Shutdown
- Computer Systems/Servers
- Industrial Power Conversion
- Isolated Keep-Alive Circuits
- Isolated Power Supplies
- Isolated Telecom Power Supplies
- Networking Systems
- Universal Input AC/DC Power Supplies
The MAX5070/MAX5071 contain a fast comparator with only 60ns typical delay from current sense to the output for overcurrent protection. The MAX5070A/MAX5070B have an integrated error amplifier with the output at COMP. Soft-start is achieved by controlling the COMP voltage rise using external components.
The frequency is adjustable from 20kHz to 1MHz with an external resistor and capacitor. The timing capacitor discharge current is trimmed allowing for programmable dead time and maximum duty cycle for a given frequency. The available saw-toothed waveform at RTCT can be used for slope compensation when needed.
The MAX5071A/MAX5071B include a bidirectional synchronization circuit allowing for multiple controllers to run at the same frequency to avoid beat frequencies. Synchronization is accomplished by simply connecting the SYNC pins of all devices together. When synchronizing with other devices, the MAX5071A/MAX5071B with the highest frequency synchronizes the other devices. Alternatively, the MAX5071A/MAX5071B can be synchronized to an external clock with an opendrain output stage running at a higher frequency.
The MAX5071C provides a clock output pulse (ADV_CLK) that leads the driver output (OUT) by 110ns. The advanced clock signal is used to drive the secondary-side synchronous rectifiers.
The MAX5070/MAX5071 are available in 8-pin µMAX® and SO packages and operate over the automotive temperature range of -40°C to +125°C.