Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- +3V to +5VDC Input Range
- Isolated Outputs
- +VOUT: +5V Provides Up to 300mA
- -VOUT: -5V Provides Up to 300mA
- 87% Overall Efficiency at +5V Input and 200mA Load
- Center-Tapped, Full-Wave Rectifier Output
- 400kHz Switching Frequency
- 2.7V Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO)
- Designed for 1500VRMS Isolation
- Low-Cost, Integrated-FET H-Bridge Design
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Industrial Process Control
- Isolated Communications Links
- Isolated Power Supplies
- Medical Equipment
The EV kit provides greater than 85% overall efficiency at +5V between 250mW and 2W output power using an H-bridge DC-DC converter topology. Input ripple current and radiated noise are minimized by the inherent balanced nature of the design with no interruption in the input current. Undervoltage lockout (UVLO) and thermal shutdown provide for a robust 3W isolated supply. The surface-mount transformer provides up to 1500VRMS galvanic isolation with each output powered from a center-tapped full-wave rectifier circuit to reduce output voltage ripple.
Operation at 400kHz allows the use of ceramic output capacitors and a small transformer.