Evaluation Kit for MAX17690
The MAX17690E evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested circuit board that demonstrates the operation of an isolated 16.5W no-opto flyback DC-DC converter with secondary-side synchronous rectification. This circuit is implemented using the MAX17690, a no-opto, flyback controller in a 16-pin TQFN package with an exposed pad. The synchronous rectification on the secondary side is enabled by replacing the secondary diode with a MOSFET to achieve 84.7% efficiency. The circuit uses the MAX17606, a secondary-side synchronous rectifier driver in a 6-pin SOT23 package for driving the secondary-side MOSFET.
The EV kit output is con gured for an isolated +3.3V and provides up to 5A of output current. The EV kit is programmed to operate at a 200kHz switching frequency. The transformer provides the galvanic isolation between input and output, up to 1500VRMS. The EV kit regulates the output voltage within ±5% over the line, load, and temperature without using the auxiliary winding/optocoupler for output voltage feedback.
- 18V to 36V Input Range
- Isolated Output: 3.3V/5A DC
- Compact Design with High Frequency (200kHz) Switching
- No Optocoupler/Third Winding Required to Derive Feedback Signal
- 84.7% Peak Efficiency
- Galvanic Isolation up to 1500VRMS
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Industrial and Telecom Applications
- Isolated Flyback Converters
- PLC I/O Modules
- Wide-Range DC-Input Isolated Power Supplies
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|