Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 18V to 36V Input Range
- Isolated Output: 5V/1A DC
- Compact Design with High-Frequency (180kHz) Switching
- Minimum Number of External Components
- 85.8% Peak Efficiency
- Low-Cost Flyback Design
- Galvanic Isolation up to 1875VAC
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Industrial and Telecom Applications
- Isolated Flyback Converters
- PLC I/O Modules
- Wide-Range DC-Input Isolated Power Supplies
The MAX17690B evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested circuit board that demonstrates the operation of an isolated 5W no-opto flyback DC-DC converter. This circuit uses a MAX17690 in a 16-pin TQFN package with an exposed pad. The data sheet must be read in conjunction with this quick start guide for demo circuit.
The EV kit output is configured for an isolated +5V and provides up to 1A of output current. The device switches at a 200kHz switching frequency. The transformer provides the galvanic isolation between input and output, up to 1875VAC.