Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 18V to 36V DC Input Range
- Isolated Output: +5V DC, 3A
- Compact Design with High (200kHz) Switching Frequency
- 90% Peak Efficiency
- Low-Cost Flyback Design
- Galvanic Isolation up to 1875VRMS
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- High-Efficiency Isolated Flyback Converters
The MAX17606 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested circuit board that demonstrates an isolated 15W synchronous flyback DC-DC converter. The circuit uses the MAX17606 secondary synchronous rectifier driver in a 6-pin SOT23 package, as well as the MAX17597 peak current mode flyback controller in a 16-pin TQFN package.
The EV kit circuit is configured to deliver an isolated +5V output voltage and provides up to 3A of output current. The EV kit is programmed to operate at a 200kHz switching frequency. An optocoupler, along with the transformer, provides the galvanic isolation between input and output, up to 1875VRMS.