Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- +36V to +72V or -36V to -72V DC Input Range
- Isolated Outputs
- VOUT1: +5V Provides Up to 1.5A
- VOUT2: +15V Provides up to 100mA
- ±5% (typ) Load Regulation for the +5V Output Set Point (150mA to 1.5A)
- 81% Efficiency at 48V Input and Full Load
- Cycle-by-Cycle Current Limit
- 350kHz Switching Frequency
- Digital Soft-Start
- High-Accuracy Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO)
- Undervoltage Lockout Open-Drain Flag Optional
- Designed for 1500V Isolation with Primary-Side Regulation
- Low-Cost Flyback Design
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- 1/2, 1/4, and 1/8th Brick Power Modules
- 12V Boost and SEPIC Regulators
- High-Efficiency, Isolated Telecom Power Supplies
- Industrial Power Conversion
- Isolated and Nonisolated High-Brightness LED Power Supplies
- Isolated Keep-Alive Power Supplies
High efficiency up to 81% is achieved using a flyback DC-DC converter topology. The surface-mount transformer provides up to 1500V galvanic isolation for both outputs. Low cost is achieved through the use of primary-side regulation while undervoltage lockout (UVLO) and digital soft-start provide for a robust 9W isolated power supply.
Operation at 350kHz allows the use of small magnetics and output capacitors.
Warning: The MAX15000A EV kit is designed to operate with high voltages. Dangerous voltages are present on this EV kit and on equipment connected to it. Users who power up this EV kit or power the sources connected to it must be careful to follow safety procedures appropriate to working with high-voltage electrical equipment.
Under severe fault or failure conditions, this EV kit may dissipate large amounts of power, which could result in the mechanical ejection of a component or of component debris at high velocity. Operate this kit with care to avoid possible personal injury.