Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 3.0V to 5.5V Operating Voltage Range
- Up to 90% Efficiency
- Push-Pull Rectified Output
- Configurable Bipolar Outputs or Full-Wave Rectifier
- Internal or External Clock Operation
- Selectable Spread-Spectrum Option for Controlled EMI
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Isolated Analog Front Ends
- Isolated Fieldbus Interfaces
- Isolated USB Power
- Medical Equipment
- Power Meter Data Interfaces
The MAX13253 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested PCB that demonstrates the MAX13253 low-EMI push-pull transformer driver. The EV kit operates from a single 3.0V to 5.5V supply and the on-board 1CT:1.3CT turns-ratio transformer sets the output voltage.
The EV kit provides up to 90% overall efficiency at 5V with up to 4.5W output power using a push-pull isolated DC-DC converter. Undervoltage lockout, current limiting, and thermal shutdown provide for a robust isolated supply. The surface-mount transformer provides galvanic isolation with the output powered from a push-pull rectifier circuit, reducing the output-voltage ripple.
The EV kit circuit is configured as a push-pull rectifier, with an output voltage that follows the input voltage. The EV kit is also configurable for other topologies including bipolar outputs and full-wave rectification.