Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Optimized for 10.8V to 13.2V Input Supply
- 7V to 13.2V Input Supply Range
- Selectable Frequency (500kHz/1MHz/1.5MHz)
- Current-Mode Step-Down Regulator
- 14V Internal n-Channel MOSFET
- 1.5% Accurate Output
- Current-Mode Step-Up Regulator
- 15V Internal n-Channel MOSFET
- 1% Accurate Output
- True Shutdown (Output Goes to Zero)
- 180° Out-of-Phase Switching
- Adjustable Positive/Negative Charge Pumps
- Soft-Start and Timer Delay Fault Latch for All Outputs
- Logic-Controlled, High-Voltage Switches
- Power-Up and Power-Down Sequences
- Thermal-Overload Protection
- LCD Monitors
- LCD TVs
The step-up and step-down regulators feature internal power MOSFETs and high-frequency operation allowing the use of small inductors and capacitors, resulting in a compact solution. Both switching regulators use fixed-frequency, current-mode control architectures, providing fast load-transient response and easy compensation. The positive and negative charge-pump regulators provide TFT gate driver supply voltages. Both output voltages can be adjusted with external resistive voltage-dividers.
The MAX8728 is available in a small (5mm x 5mm), low-profile (0.8mm), 32-pin thin QFN package and operates over the -40°C to +85°C temperature range.