27-, 28-, and 32-Output, 76V, Serial-Interfaced VFD Tube Drivers
76V, 27-, 28-, and 32-Output, Serial-Interfaced VFD Drivers Continuously Source 40mA with Slew-Rate limiting to Reduce EMI
DescriptionThe MAX6922/MAX6932/MAX6933/MAX6934 multi-output, 76V, vacuum-fluorescent display (VFD) tube drivers that interface a VFD tube to a microcontroller or a VFD controller, such as the MAX6850–MAX6853. The MAX6922/MAX6934 have 32 outputs, while the MAX6932 has 27 outputs, and the MAX6933 has 28 outputs. All devices are also suitable for driving telecom relays.
Data is input using standard 4-wire serial interface (CLOCK, DATA, LOAD, BLANK) compatible with other VFD drivers and controllers.
For easy display control, the active-high BLANK input forces all driver outputs low, turning the display off, and automatically puts the IC into shutdown mode. Display intensity may also be controlled by directly pulse-width modulating the BLANK input.
The MAX6922/MAX6932/MAX6934 have a serial interface data output, DOUT, allowing any number of devices to be cascaded on the same serial interface.
The MAX6932/MAX6933/MAX6934 have a negative supply voltage input, VSS, allowing the drivers' output swing to be made bipolar to simplify filament biasing in many applications.
The MAX6922 is available in a 44-pin PLCC package, the MAX6932 and MAX6933 are available in 36-pin SSOP packages, and the MAX6934 is available in 44-pin PLCC and TQFN packages.
Maxim also offers a 12-output VFD driver (MAX6920) and 20-output VFD drivers (MAX6921/MAX6931).
- 5MHz Industry-Standard 4-Wire Serial Interface
- 3V to 5.5V Logic Supply Range
- 8V to 76V Grid/Anode Supply Range
- -11V to 0V Filament Bias Supply (MAX6932/MAX6933/MAX6934 Only)
- Push-Pull CMOS High-Voltage Outputs
- Outputs Can Source 40mA, Sink 4mA Continuously
- Outputs Can Source 75mA Repetitive Pulses
- Outputs Can Be Paralleled for Higher Current Drive
- Any Output Can Be Used as a Grid or an Anode Driver
- BLANK Input Simplifies PWM Intensity Control
- -40°C to +125°C Temperature Range as Standard
- Gaming Machines
- Industrial Control
- Industrial Weighing
- VFD Modules
- White Goods
|Part Number||Controller/ Drvr.||Display Type||Interface||VSUPPLY|
|MAX6922||Driver||VFD Tube - 32 Ports||Serial 4-Wire|
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|