Automotive 3-Channel Display Bias IC with VCOM Buffer, Level Shifter, and I2C Interface
Industry's First Integrated Power Solution for TFT-LCD with Synchronous Boost, Gate-Shading and I2C
DescriptionThe MAX20067 IC is a complete TFT bias solution for automotive applications. It includes a current-mode boost converter and two push-pull charge-pump drivers.
The IC also includes a gate-shading push-pull level shifter that can be used to improve display uniformity (when needed), and a DAC and VCOM buffer. All blocks on the IC can be used in stand-alone mode or through the I2C interface.
Comprehensive control functions are included using the built-in I2C interface, as well as diagnostics and monitoring.
The IC is intended to operate with 2.7V to 5.5V supplies.
The MAX20067 is available in a 32-pin TQFN package and operates in the -40°C to +105°C temperature range.
- Versatile TFT Display Power Section
- Integrated Synchronous Boost Converter with Output Voltages Up to 18V
- Integrated Charge-Pump Drivers for the VGON (+36V, max) and VGOFF (-24V, min) Outputs
- Low EMI Operation
- Programmable Switching Frequencies of 440kHz or 2.2MHz
- Programmable Spread Spectrum
- Full Sequencing Flexibility Through I2C, Along with Preset Sequences Using SEQ Pin
- Extended Diagnostics Using I2C Interface
- Undervoltage/Overvoltage on HVINP, VGON, and VGOFF
- Overcurrent on AVDD
- Temperature Warning
- Built-In Gate-Shading Circuit Controlled by CTL Input
- 8-Bit DAC-Controlled VCOM Buffer
- -40°C to +105°C Operating Temperature Range
- Internal Temperature Shutdown
- AEC-Q100 Qualified
- Compact 32-Pin (5mm × 5mm) TQFN Package
- Central Information Displays
- Infotainment Displays
- Instrument Clusters
|Part Number||Monitor/Control Features||DC-DC/Power Features||LCD/LED/Flash/CCD Features||Interface Type||VIN|
Technical DocumentsApp Note 6905 Why Functional Safety is Important for Automotive Displays
App Note 6632 How to Design an Automotive TFT Display System
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|
- High Integration
- Low EMI
- I2C Control/Diagnostic Interface with FLTB (Interrupt) Output