Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- +2.7V to +5.5V Input Range (as Configured)
- Output Voltages
- +10V Output at 200mA (Boost Switching)
- +15V Output > 20mA (Positive Charge-Pump Regulator)
- -5V Output > 20mA (Negative Charge-Pump Regulator)
- Outputs Are Adjustable with Resistors
- >85% Efficiency
- Internal MOSFET Switches
- 0.1µA (typ) IC Shutdown Current
- 1MHz Boost Switching Frequency, 500kHz Charge-Pump Switching Frequency
- Low Profile
- Evaluates MAX1779 (Component Replacement Required)
- Surface-Mount Components
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- LCD Displays and Panels
- Notebook Computers
- Palmtop Computers
The positive charge-pump circuit is configured for a +15V output that provides > 20mA of current. The negative charge-pump circuit is configured for a -5V output and provides > 20mA of current. Power for either or both charge-pump inputs can be provided from the +2.7VDC to +5.5VDC source or from the boost switching- regulator output.
The MAX1748 EV kit demonstrates low-quiescent current and high efficiency (over 86%) for maximum battery life. Operation at 1MHz allows the use of tiny surface- mount components. The MAX1748 TSSOP package (1.1mm max) with low-profile external components allows this circuit to be less than 1.2mm high. The MAX1748 EV kit can also be used to evaluate the MAX1779 IC.