Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Low-Profile Solution, 1.1mm max Height
- Three Charge-Pump Regulators
- +5V Output at 200mA
- +12V Output at 20mA
- -7V Output at 20mA
- High-Current Output Regulated to ±1%
- Adjustable Outputs
- Integrated Power MOSFETs
- 1µA Shutdown Current
- Switching Frequency Up to 1.23MHz
- Fast Transient Response
- Surface-Mount Components
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- 5V or 3.3V to Low-Voltage Conversion
- Chipset Supplies
- CPU I/O Ring
- Notebook and Subnotebook Computers
The low-current negative charge-pump circuit is configured for a -7V output; the low-current positive charge-pump circuit is configured for a +12V output. Both circuits provide up to 20mA of current. The high-current step-up DC-DC converter or the EV kit's input source can be used to power either or both charge pumps.
The MAX1747 EV kit demonstrates an inductorless and low profile (1.1mm max) solution. Operation up to 1.23MHz allows the use of tiny surface-mount components and provides fast transient response.