Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 2.7V to 5.5V Input Range
- 1MHz Boost and Inverted Buck-Boost Switching Frequency
- Output Voltages
- 15V Output at 200mA (Step-Up Switching Regulator)
- -15V Output at 200mA (Inverting Buck-Boost Switching Regulator)
- 22V Output at 20mA (Positive Charge Pump)
- -20V Output at 20mA (Negative Charge Pump)
- Measures Remote Diode Temperature
- Digitally Programmable Op-Amp Output Voltage
- Windows XP-, Windows Vista-, and Windows 7-Compatible Software
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- e-Book Readers
The MAX17135 evaluation system (EV system) consists of the MAX17135 evaluation kit (EV kit) and the Maxim CMAXQUSB+ command module. Windows XP®-, Windows Vista®-, and Windows® 7-compatible software is also available for use with the EV system and can be downloaded from www.maximintegrated.com/evkitsoftware.
The EV kit is a fully assembled and tested surface-mount PCB that provides a complete power-management solution for E-paper displays. The EV kit contains source- and gate-driver power supplies, a high-speed VCOM amplifier, and a temperature sensor.
The EV kit operates from a 2.7V to 5.5V DC supply voltage. The step-up switching regulator (POS) is configured for a 15V output that provides 200mA. The inverting buck-boost converter (NEG) generates a -15V output that provides 200mA. The gate-driver power supplies consist of regulated charge pumps that generate 22V (GVDD) and -20V (GVEE) and can deliver up to 20mA each. The EV kit also features a digitally adjustable VCOM amplifier and the option for internal/external temperature sensing.
The CMAXQUSB+ command module provides the I²C/SMBus interface and is connected to the computer through the universal serial bus (USB) port. The EV kit also includes Windows XP-, Windows Vista-, and Windows 7-compatible software that provides a simple graphical user interface (GUI) for exercising the features of the IC.