Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- +2.4V to +5.5V Single-Supply Operation
- Output Voltages
- +8V Output at 300mA (MAIN Step-Up Switching Regulator)
- +22V Output at 20mA (VON Step-Up Switching Regulator at Room Temperature)
- -12V Output at 20mA (Negative Charge Pump)
- +2.5V Output at 300mA (Low Dropout Linear Regulator)
- Three High-Current Op Amps (±50mA)
- Temperature-Compensated VON Output Voltage
- 1.2MHz Switching Frequency
- All Output Voltages are Resistor Adjustable
- HVS Mode for the MAIN and VON Step-up Output Voltages
- On-Board USB Interface Circuit Generates I²C-Compatible Signals for VCOM Calibrator and EDID EEPROM
- On-Board USB Interface Circuit Generates I²C-Compatible Signals for TCON EEPROM
- USB-PC Connection and Power (Two Cables Included)
- PCB Pads for User-Supplied I²C-Compatible Signals
- Evaluates the MAX17106ETN+ in a 56-Pin TQFN (7mm x 7mm x 0.8mm) Package
- Windows 2000-, Windows XP-, and Windows Vista (32-Bit)-Compatible Software for VCOM Calibrator and EDID EEPROM (MAX17106DVR.EXE) and TCON EEPROM (MAX17106TCON.EXE)
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- TFT LCD Notebook Panels
The EV kit operates from a +2.4V to +5.5V DC supply voltage. The MAIN step-up switching regulator is configured for a +8V output providing at least 300mA. The VON step-up switching regulator is configured for a +22V output (at room temperature) providing at least 20mA. The VOFF negative charge pump is configured for a -12V output providing at least 20mA. The internal linear regulator (LOUT) provides a fixed +2.5V output and 300mA. The three high-current op amps are each configured for a +4V output. Each can source or sink 50mA. The MAX17106 switches at 1.2MHz, allowing the use of tiny surface-mount components. The MAX17106 TQFN package, with low-profile external components, allows this circuit to be less than 1.2mm high.
The EV kit provides two on-board USB interface circuits to communicate with the two separate 2-wire I²C interface circuits in the MAX17106 IC. One of the I²C interface circuits provides the VCOM calibrator (DVR) and 2kb extended display identification data (EDID) EEPROM communication, while the other provides the 16kb timing controller (TCON) EEPROM communication. The MAX17106 I²C interface circuits communicate at a data rate of 100kHz.
The EV kit features Windows® 2000-, Windows XP®-, or Windows Vista®-compatible software that provides the user interface for exercising the MAX17106's features. The MAX17106DVR.EXE software controls the VCOM calibrator and EDID EEPROM, while the MAX17106TCON.EXE software controls the TCON EEPROM in the MAX17106 IC. Both programs are menu-driven and offer a graphical user interface (GUI). The two software programs are independent of one another and can operate alone or simultaneously.