Evaluation Kit for the MAX17094
DescriptionThe MAX17094 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested surface-mount PCB that provides the voltages and features required for active-matrix, thin-film transistor (TFT), liquid-crystal displays (LCDs). The EV kit contains a high-performance step-up switching regulator, a 250mA low-dropout (LDO) linear regulator, a high-speed op amp, a digitally adjustable VCOM calibrator, and seven high-voltage level-shifting buffers for scan-driver applications.
The EV kit operates from a DC supply voltage from +1.8V to +5.5V. The step-up switching regulator is configured for a +8V output providing at least 300mA from a +2.5V input. The positive charge pump is configured for a +21.5V output providing up to 30mA. The negative charge pump is configured for a -6.5V output providing up to 30mA. The op amp is capable of providing up to ±150mA peak and features a programmable output voltage initially configured for +3.2V. The low-voltage, low-dropout linear regulator can provide at least 250mA. The high-voltage, level-shifting scan driver buffers seven logic inputs and shifts them to a desired level to drive TFT LCD row logic.
The MAX17094 EV kit demonstrates low quiescent current and high efficiency (> 85%) for maximum battery life. Operation at 1.2MHz allows the use of tiny surface-mount components. The MAX17094 thin QFN package (0.8mm max height), with low-profile external components, allows this circuit to be less than 2mm high.
The MAX17094 EV kit provides an on-board I²C/SMBus™ interface and connects to the computer through the universal serial bus (USB) port. The EV kit includes Windows® 2000/XP® and Windows Vista®-compatible software that provides a graphical user interface (GUI) for control of the MAX17094's programmable features.
- +1.8V to +5.5V Input Range
- Adjustable 450kHz to 1.2MHz Step-Up Switching Frequency
- Output Voltages
- +8V Output at 300mA (Step-Up Switching Regulator)
- +21.5V Output at 30mA (Positive Charge Pump)
- -6.5V Output at 30mA (Negative Charge Pump)
- +2.5V at 250mA (Linear Regulator)
- ±150mA High-Current Op-Amp Output
- Resistor-Adjustable Switching Regulator and Op-Amp Output Range
- Digitally Programmable Op-Amp Output Voltage
- +30V to -10V High-Voltage Level-Shifting Drivers
- > 85% Efficiency (Step-Up Switching Regulator)
- On-Board I²C/SMBus Interface Control through USB
- Windows 2000/XP- and Windows Vista (32-Bit)-Compatible Software
- 2mm Low-Profile Surface-Mount Components
- Lead(Pb)-Free and RoHS Compliant
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Notebook Computer Displays
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|