Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 4.5V to 5.5V Input Range
- Output Voltages
- 12V Output at 400mA (Boost Converter)
- 3.3V Output at 500mA (Regulator Controller)
- 18V Output (Positive-Gate Voltage Regulator)
- -5.9V Output (Negative-Gate Voltage Regulator)
- High-Frequency Operation
- 2.2MHz (Boost Converter)
- Single-Stage Positive and Negative Charge Pumps
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Automotive Central Information Displays
- Automotive Dashboards
- Automotive Navigation Systems
The MAX16928 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested surface-mount PCB that provides the voltages and features required for automotive thin-film transistor (TFT), liquid-crystal display (LCD) applications. The EV kit includes a boost converter, a 3.3V regulator controller with external npn transistor, two gate voltage regulators, a single-stage positive charge pump, and a single-stage negative charge pump.
The EV kit can operate from 4.5V to 5.5V input voltages and is optimized for automotive TFT-LCD applications. The boost converter is configured for a 12V output that provides at least 400mA. The regulator controller output is 3.3V and provides at least 500mA. The positive-gate voltage regulator provides 18V output and the negative-gate voltage regulator provides -5.9V.