Automotive 4-Output Display Power Solution with Watchdog
Industry's First Automotive PMIC for Automotive Display Applications
The MAX16923 is a 4-channel power-management IC designed to accommodate the main rails used in modern automotive TFT displays. The MAX16923 and the MAX20069 TFT power supply and LED backlight driver combine to provide a two-chip solution to all automotive display power-supply requirements.
The MAX16923 integrates a high-voltage buck converter that transforms battery voltages into a 5V or 3.3V intermediate rail. In addition, a high-voltage, always-on, low-quiescent-current linear regulator supplies power at 3.3V.
The low-voltage section consists of a fully-integrated DC/DC converter and an LDO running off the intermediate rail. Section output power is available in several low-voltage combinations (see the Ordering Information table). In addition, an integrated watchdog timer guards against runaway code.
A single START control pin initiates the start-up sequence, thereby simplifying device control. The MAX16923's external pMOSFET control block allows battery voltage to be switched to a downstream device, such as a backlight boost converter.
The MAX16923 is available in a TQFN package and operates in the -40°C to 105°C temperature range.
- High Integration
- Complete Display Power Solution from Automotive Battery
- One High-Voltage 2.1A Buck Converter (5V or 3.3V)
- One High-Voltage 100mA Low-IQ Linear Regulator (3.3V)
- One Low-Voltage 1.6A Buck Converter (3.3V, 1.8V, 1.2V, or 1.1V)
- One Low-Voltage Linear Regulator (3.3V, 1.8V, 1.5V, or 1.0V)
- MAX16923GTPB: 75mA
- MAX16923GTPC/MAX16923GTPE: 175mA
- All other variants: 180mA
- Power-Good Outputs
- Integrated Watchdog Timer
- Robust and Low EMI
- Programmable Switching Frequency
- Internal Spread-Spectrum Oscillator
- Slew-Rate Controlled Switching
- Thermal Shutdown Protection
- Compact TQFN20 4mm x 4mm Package
- Central Information Displays
- Infotainment Displays
- Instrument Clusters
|Step-Down Outputs||Inverting Outputs||LDO Outputs|
MAX16923EVKIT: Evaluation Kit for the MAX16923/MAX16926
Technical DocumentsWhite Paper 7328 How Automotive Displays Can Comply with Functional Safety Requirements
White Paper 7303 Why Designing ICs from the Ground Up for Automotive Applications Matters
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|
- High Integration
- Low EMI
- I2C Control/Diagnostic Interface with FLTB (Interrupt) Output