Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Input Voltages Allowed
- 9V AC to 13.2V AC from AC Source or from Magnetic Transformers
- 9V DC to 18V DC
- Output of Several Electronic Transformers
- Drives 3 to 5 Series HBLEDs
- 46V Overvoltage Protection
- 4W Output Power
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- MR16 and Other 12V AC or DC Input LED Lighting Applications
The EV kit is a fully assembled and tested surface-mount PCB designed and optimized to accommodate an MR16 application form factor. The EV kit is compatible with electronic and magnetic transformers.
SSL MR16 lamps face compatibility issues with electronic transformers at low power levels. If the current drawn from an electronic transformer is below a certain level it stops operating, which could cause visible flicker from the lamp. Due to compatibility issues with electronic transformers at low power levels, active power-factor correction (PFC) is not featured in this EV kit.
To improve its compatibility with electronic transformers at low power levels, an input electrolytic capacitor is included on this EV kit. For this reason, it is not dimmable.