Evaluation Kit for the MAX16822B
DescriptionThe MAX16822B evaluation kit (EV kit) demonstrates the MAX16822B hysteretic current-mode high-brightness LED (HB LED) driver IC. The MAX16822B EV kit is configured as a step-down topology with a constant-current HB LED driver circuit for external HB LEDs. The MAX16822B EV kit operates from a DC supply voltage of 6V to 65V and is configured to deliver up to 350mA of current to user-supplied HB LEDs. The output voltage for the HB LED string can go up to 64V and depends upon the EV kit's input voltage.
The MAX16822B EV kit can be configured for digital pulse-width modulation (PWM) dimming operation using a digital PWM input signal to control the HB LEDs' brightness. The MAX16822B has an undervoltage lockout (UVLO) feature that disables the EV kit at low input voltage. The EV kit circuit also features a thermal foldback and temperature simulation circuit feature. The MAX16822B EV kit is a fully assembled and tested surface-mount board. The MAX16822B EV kit can also evaluate the MAX16822A, or for higher currents, a MAX16832 IC.
Warning: Voltages exceeding 42V may exist on the LED+ and LED- output pads.
- 6V to 65V Wide Supply Voltage Range
- 333mA LED Current
- Digital PWM Dimming Control
- Analog Dimming Control
- Thermal Foldback and Temperature Simulation Circuit
- Evaluates MAX16822A (IC Replacement Required)
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Architectural, Industrial, and Ambient Lighting
- Automotive RCL, DRL, and Fog Lights
- Heads-Up Displays
- Indicator and Emergency Lighting
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|
- High Integration
- Low EMI
- I2C Control/Diagnostic Interface with FLTB (Interrupt) Output