Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 6V to 28V Input-Voltage Range
- 1A Output Current into an 18V LED String
- Pulse-Width Modulated LED Current Dimming
- Resistor-Adjustable Overvoltage Protection and Switching Frequency
- 180° Out-of-Phase Clock Output
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Automotive Emergency Lighting and Signage
- Automotive, Bus/Truck Exterior Lighting
- Front Projectors/Rear Projection TVs
- LCD TVs and Display Backlight
- Portable and Pocket Projectors
The MAX16818 EV kit operates from a DC supply voltage of 6V to 28V. The EV kit's output is configured to deliver at least 1A of current into an 18V series LED string. The LED brightness can be dimmed using a digital PWM signal.
The EV kit provides an option to configure the MAX16818 IC's overvoltage protection, switching frequency, and frequency compensation. The MAX16818 EV kit also features a 180° out-of-phase clock output PCB pad.