Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 5.5V to 40V Supply Voltage Range
- Jumper Selectable 150mA, 250mA, or 350mA Output Current
- 5V-Regulated Output
- Wide-Range Dimming Control with PWM or Analog Control Signal
- On-Board Trim Pot to Provide Analog Control Voltage for PWM Dimming
- Tactile Momentary Switch
- PC-Based Evaluation of Features Using I²C Interface
- LED Current Thermal Foldback with Connection for Optional Thermal Sensor
- Windows 98SE/2000/XP-Compatible GUI Software
- Package Dissipates Up to 2.760W at TA = +70°C
- Lead-Free and RoHS Compliant
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Automotive Exterior: Rear Combination Light (RCL), Daytime Running Light (DRL), Adaptive Front Light
- Automotive Interior: Map, Dome, and Courtesy Lighting
- Emergency Vehicle Warning Lights
- Navigation and Marine Indicators
The MAX16806 EV kit provides a user-selectable three-level LED current setting, connection to the 5V-regulated output, and a momentary switch to enable or disable the dimming function. This EV kit features wide-range dimming, controllable through a PWM input or analog input generated using an on-board trim pot. The MAX16806 EV kit is a fully assembled and tested PCB.
The MAX16806 EV kit provides access to the I²C interface of the MAX16806 IC, through which the internal dynamic registers and the EEPROM are written/read to control various device features. A CMAXQUSB board can be used to enable PC communication using the I²C 2-wire interface. Windows® 98SE/2000/XP-compatible GUI software is provided to access the MAX16806 IC. The MAX16806 EV kit can also be interfaced directly to a user-provided I²C system.
The MAX16806 evaluation system (EV system) consists of the MAX16806 EV kit and a companion CMAXQUSB serial-interface board. The CMAXQUSB interface board allows a PC to control an I²C interface using the USB port. Order the MAX16806EVCMAXQU+ for a complete PC-based evaluation of the MAX16806. Order the MAX16806EVKIT+ if you already have a CMAXQUSB interface board, or if you have your I²C interface, or do not require PC-based evaluation of the MAX16806.