Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Ultra-High-Performance Step-Up Regulator
- Fast Transient Response to Pulsed Load Using Current-Mode Control Architecture
- High-Accuracy Output Voltage (1.3%)
- Built-In 14V, 1.2A, 0.2Ω N-Channel Power MOSFET with Lossless Current-Sensing
- High Efficiency (85%)
- 8-Step Current-Controlled Digital Soft-Start
- Two High-Performance Operational Amplifiers
- 150mA Output Short-Circuit Current
- 7.5V/µs Slew Rate
- 12MHz -3dB Bandwidth
- Rail-to-Rail Inputs/Outputs
- Unity Gain Stable
- Logic-Controlled High-Voltage Switch with Adjustable Delay
- Timer Delay Latch FB Fault Protection
- Thermal Protection
- 2.6V to 5.5V Input Operating Voltage Range
- 3.6mA (Switching), 0.45mA (Not Switching) Quiescent Current
- Ultra-Thin 20-Pin Thin QFN Package (5mm x 5mm x 0.8mm)
- Car-Navigation Displays
- LCD Monitor Panels
- Notebook Computer Displays
The step-up DC-to-DC converter is a high-frequency 640kHz (MAX1543)/1.2MHz (MAX1542/MAX1543) current-mode regulator with a built-in power MOSFET that allows the use of ultra-small inductors and ceramic capacitors. It provides fast transient response to pulsed loads while producing efficiencies over 85%.
The two easy-to-use, high-performance operational amplifiers can drive the LCD backplane (VCOM) and/or the gamma correction divider string. The devices feature high short-circuit current (150mA), fast slew rate (7.5V/µs), wide bandwidth (12MHz), and rail-to-rail inputs and outputs.
The MAX1542/MAX1543 are available in 20-pin thin QFN packages with a maximum thickness of 0.8mm for ultra-thin LCD panel design.