Multiple-Output Power-Supply Controllers for LCD Monitors
Multiple-Output Power-Supply Controllers Generate All the Supply Rails for Thin-Film Transistor (TFT) Liquid-Crystal Display (LCD) Monitors
DescriptionThe MAX1530/MAX1531 multiple-output power-supply controllers generate all the supply rails for thin-film transistor (TFT) liquid-crystal display (LCD) monitors. Both devices include a high-efficiency, fixed-frequency, step-down regulator. The low-cost, all N-channel, synchronous topology enables operation with efficiency as high as 93%. High-frequency operation allows the use of small inductors and capacitors, resulting in a compact solution. The MAX1530 includes three linear regulator controllers and the MAX1531 includes five linear regulator controllers for supplying logic and LCD bias voltages. A programmable startup sequence enables easy control of the regulators.
The MAX1530/MAX1531 include soft-start functions to limit inrush current during startup. An internal step-down converter current-limit function and a versatile overcurrent shutdown protect the power supplies against fault conditions. The MAX1530/MAX1531 use a current-mode control architecture, providing fast load transient response and easy compensation. An internal linear regulator provides MOSFET gate drive and can be used to power small external loads.
The MAX1530/MAX1531 can operate from inputs as high as 28V and are well suited for LCD monitor and TV applications running directly from AC/DC wall adapters. Both devices are available in a small (5mm x 5mm), ultra-thin (0.8mm), 32-pin QFN package and operate over the -40°C to +85°C temperature range.
- 4.5V to 28V Input Voltage Range
- 250kHz/500kHz Current-Mode Step-Down Converter
- Small Inductor/Capacitors
- No Sense Resistor
- Three Positive Linear Regulator Controllers
- One Positive and One Negative Additional Controller (MAX1531)
- Small Input and Output Capacitors
- Timed Reset Output
- Uncommitted Overcurrent Protection (MAX1531)
- Soft-Start for All Regulators
- Programmable Input Undervoltage Comparator
- Programmable Startup Sequencing
- LCD Monitors and TVs
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|
- High Integration
- Low EMI
- I2C Control/Diagnostic Interface with FLTB (Interrupt) Output