Switched-Capacitor Voltage Inverters
Compact, Inductorless, Low-Profile Inverter Fits 0.025 Sq. Inch , Biases GaAsFET PA
DescriptionThe ultra-small MAX870/MAX871 monolithic, CMOS charge-pump inverters accept input voltages ranging from +1.4V to +5.5V. The MAX870 operates at 125kHz, and the MAX871 operates at 500kHz. Their high efficiency (90%) and low operating current (0.7mA for the MAX870) make these devices ideal for both battery-powered and board-level voltage-conversion applications.
Oscillator control circuitry and four power MOSFET switches are included on-chip. A typical MAX870/ MAX871 application is generating a -5V supply from a +5V logic supply to power analog circuitry. Both parts come in a 5-pin SOT23-5 package and can deliver 25mA with a voltage drop of 500mV.
For a similar device with logic-controlled shutdown, refer to the MAX1720/MAX1721. For applications requiring more power, the MAX860 delivers up to 50mA with a voltage drop of 600mV, in a space-saving µMAX package.
- 5-Pin SOT23-5 Package
- 99% Voltage Conversion Efficiency
- Invert Input Supply Voltage
- 0.7mA Quiescent Current (MAX870)
- +1.4V to +5.5V Input Voltage
- Require Only Two Capacitors
- 25mA Output Current
- Shutdown Control
- Battery-Operated Equipment
- Cell Phones
- Handy-Terminals, PDAs
- Local -5V Supply from 5V Logic Supply
- Medical Instruments
- Small LCD Panels
|1.4||5.5||1||-VIN||0.025||125||-40 to +85|
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|
- 8A Switched Capacitor Converter
- 2S to 1S Battery Voltage Conversion (VOUT = VIN/2)
- Integrated Power Switches